Sunday, February 26, 2017

Fun Times Taking Pics at Riverton Park

 This was a fun day for taking pictures even though it was pretty cold and breezy outside. This awesome domed building is at Riverton city park. It is a recreation of an LDS meeting hall built at the turn of the 20th century. I love this building because of the dome. I love the sort of Byzantine feel I get when I look at it, and from certain angles you can see that Eastern influence there.
 Had fun with some strait lines and my wide angle lens. I cannot wait for spring time to hit this park, I can imagine what this would like when everything is in bloom.

 Another view of the Domed Meeting Hall, but from a distance. I really liked how the copper dome contrasts with the blue sky. Really a cool park to visit.
 Finally, my telephoto lens came in handy today. These are the Wasatch Mountains as viewed with a telephoto lens on a clear day from Riverton City Park. Pretty awesome looking.
 Another shot, it was too difficult for me to settle on just one, so I thought I would add several.
 The clear air really made it look so beautiful today! I love the contrasting white and blue; with whiffs of clouds in there as well.
 I really liked these trees, and I will certainly visit this park in a few months when the colors of spring and summer come out!
This is a shot from Jordan Landing, a bit down the street from the Riverton City Park, and those are the mountains I was using the telephoto lense on. Pretty day altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment