Sunday, February 26, 2017

Winter Strikes Back in West Jordan

Things had warmed up a little bit in late February, but as usual in Utah, winter struck back with its typical chill. I haven't had much experience taking photos in the snow before. I have to admit, snow has a way of making everything look clean and new again, but I had a hard time as well as limited time to try and capture that concept with my camera. I liked the sort of ominous feeling I have looking at this pic, being directly under the large pine.
 It was fun to take a close up. I know its an evergreen tree, but it was fun to close in on the green branches, covered in fresh snow. I am still learning how to use the focus, to try and bring everything in a crisp clean image. But what better way to learn than to go out and try?
This was a fun picture to take. I used my wide angle lens for this, because I liked the idea of peering through some shrubs across a large field and center in on some pines across the park. I guess this shows some odd tastes that I have.
Another close up, I really like how the 50mm lens makes everything have texture and look so crisp. I am still surprised by how it makes everything look. Probably my favorite lens to go out and about with right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment