Sunday, February 26, 2017

Trying out the 24mm lens

 I have to admit, I have been trying to find excuses to shoot some pics with my new 24mm lens. I am doing everything I can to will spring into an early existence, so here are some shots with my 24mm. I like how it still delivers a sense of crisp detail and texture, not quite like the 50mm but what it loses in that detail, you gain in perspective by adding some width to your picture.
 I was impressed at how nice these flowers looked using this lens, despite the fact that they are fake. It gives great detail, you can see that the flowers have some threads coming out, but still very crisp and sharp.
I really enjoy this pic, the cowbell is old and rusty, the starfish is real, from SO CAL, and the paint on the wall has a lot of texture. It makes for a great pic with a lens that helps you see that texture. I look forward to doing some better shoots with this lens. I have a lot to learn about utilizing the rule of thirds, as well as finding worthwhile things to take pictures of.

No comments:

Post a Comment